Positive Living Society of BC
803 East Hastings St., Vancouver , BC
Positive Living BC exists to Enable Persons Living With HIV and AIDS to Empower Themselves Through Mutual Support and Collective Action
How can I help?
Contact Positive Living Society of BC using one of the available methods above to see how you can help.
What volunteers have to say ...
"Positive Living BC is excellent. I have see the incredible impact it's had on so many people. It's an open, inclusive environment with something for everyone. Paul K."
Share your time, skills and energy with the POSITIVE LIVING Society of BC. Western Canada's largest HIV/AIDS service organization- in operation 30 years! We are looking for volunteers for various positions below:
• Help meet and greet members at Reception
• Be a volunteer presence in our Internet area
• Are you a Hairstylist or Barber; then volunteer your time in our member salon
• Prepare Income tax for our members for the upcoming 2016 tax year- need to be CVITP certified
Coordinate the provision of Complementary Health Fund (CHF) cheques to Positive Living BC members
• Serve on our Board of Directors Positive Living BC’s Board of Directors
• Provide welcoming coffee bar service in our Member’s Lounge.
• Various admin; phone calling campaigns, clerical, data entry, roles in assisting staff
Our volunteers are diverse and accepting individuals who reach out beyond the confines of paid employment and normal responsibilities to contribute time and services to our cause in the belief that their activity is beneficial to others as well as satisfying to themselves.
We welcome such support, but reserve the right to accept, decline or end such involvement in the best interests of the Society.
This past year, volunteers contributed close to 27,000 hours of time to the Positive Living Society of British Columbia!
Attend Society volunteer orientation
Specific training as determined and agreed upon
-One shift- 2.5 hrs-3 hrs per week, during operating hours Mon- Friday : 10am-4pm
-Six month minimum volunteer commitment ( some exceptions)
Benefits & Recognition
Ongoing recognition and volunteer appreciation events
Opportunity to learn new skills and upgrade existing ones
Have fun and meet new people
Making a significant difference in the Community
Contact: Manager Volunteers Marc Seguin, 604-893-2298 email@example.com